Friday, October 24, 2008

2. Feeling a bit silly...



I'm feeling a little clownish today. As I sit while I shit, I'm pondering the upcoming election and wondering why are we so frantic about giving up the good ole days?

For the past 8 years, things have been really good, right? I mean...we're at war teaching a country how to really have a democracy, especially since 'merica is the best example of that.

We have people buying homes left and right because our economy is so great. I mean...now people can have mansions with all the disposable income they have because things are so grand.

Our hungry and our poor are finally getting fed and getting assistance because our government has been so gracious to help this population out.

Immigrants are being welcome into this country by the thousands because the elite in this country really want their homes cleaned, the lavish hotel rooms kept up, their lawns neatly manicured and the produce that they eat freshly picked. Not even to mention that they are getting a decent income for doing work that regular unemployed American citizens for seem to not want to take. Now that's appreciation!

I mean..come on. Life is good, right?

Bullshit.

Not even my shit.

BULLSHIT.

If we all, as concerned citizens of this country, don't do our part to make sure change happens rather then get another 4 years of the same, we should be ashamed. Vote. drive those who can't to the polls. Share with everyone you know what will happen if we don't vote for change. And, once the election is over, we still need to continue fighting and advocating for what we know can be a civilized, caring and loving society.

Stepping down off my soapbox by the toilet.

The Masked Pooper

No comments: